The blessings continue to flow here in Scotland as I have made some wonderful friends along my journey. It isn’t always about what you are seeing, it is about whom comes into your life and leaves a happy mark on your heart that creates the best experiences; may the memories and friendships continue to bloom.
2016 is winding down and coming to a close…and it has been an enourmously eventufl year for me. Upon reminiscing over the year, realizing just how much has occured over the past 365 days. The dream list, posted in January of this year, I successfully marked off several components.
Here are just a few of this years occurences:
- My brother got married and I caught the bouquet
- I hosted a final garage sale, selling the general contents of my house
- I moved to a foriegn country
- Danced in a public venue
- Enjoyed a live Baroque Quartet
- Sampled Many different worldy beverages, many of them ocffee in origin
- I learned how to navitage and use the tram, buses, and other public transportation in Germany
- My best friend had a baby
- My brother and his wife had a baby.
- I adventured often in South West Germany
- I had tea in a castle
- I climbed to the top of an old fortress tower
- Met up with an old friend of 20 years (an exchange student that lived with my family)
- Gave a tour to my Grandfather
- Practiced baking and cooking, expanding my culinary abilities and flavors
- Wrote and received mail to and from friends and family
- Read a childrens book (all on my own) in German
- Spent Christmas Eve with German friends
- Enrolled and attended German language courses
- Learned how to use WhatsApp
- Lost Weight
- Lost a Grandmother and Aunt
- Attended-toured 3 different Christmas Markets in Germany
- Petted Donkeys and Goats in a live Nativity
- Crossed country borders in a car and bus
- Shopped in a French Super Market
- Drank Turkish Coffee
- Thomas and I got a kitten
- Thomas has started to teach me the joys of soccer
- Open Air soccer viewing in an open air event
- video chatted for the first time with friends and family
What a fascinating event and a very unique experience. By taking two buses and two trains and taking a walking Adventure I came across the Baden Baden Christmas Market here and bad wartenberg Germany.
Upon entering the market the first thing I came across was a live nativity
scene complete with donkeys and goats the fresh scent of straw and wood shavings lining their bed in the manger. It was quite a sight to behold and the air smelled of all things Christmas and of all happiness. I spent over 6 hours just alone in the Christmas Market and I think I ate enough for 3 people for 2 days, sampling everything from specialty sausages to mustards 2 pastas to Crepes and vegetable, fruit Delights in all kinds of sauces and creams. My waistline is surely expanding this Christmas but it is well worth it and I figure if I keep walking around maybe I’ll burn off a fraction of the calories I’ve consumed today.
A great adventure this evening with Thomas–we went to the Chriskinder Market on Frederichs Platz in Karlsruhe. A little gift shopping, a little mulled hot wine and a lovely evening out on the town.
Make me an offer!!!
Making a good impression …with beautiful, original art.
As seen in a January post I wrote, I dream of selling an art piece of my very own, an adventure in eBay sales for sure!!!
The price is currently at $700–but this is negotiable for sure, so make me an offer!!
Van Gogh inspired, original impressionistic oil painting of dreams and blooms during a raging storm. Original, signed 16×20 inch framed on stretched canvas, ready to hang. Oil painting, vivid brush strokes.
While this is a dream of mine to sell a piece of my artwork, 20% of the sale price also benefits the Human Society of Boulder Valley (located in beautiful, colorful Colorado)
Super Simple Stir Fry
2 Carrots–shredded with a vegetable peeler
1 Green Bell Pepper, cut into thin spears
1 small purple onion, coarse chopped
Leftover Chicken or Turkey, pulled from the bone
3 gloves Garlic, diced
1 Tsp Dried Red Chili Flakes
2 Tablespoons olive or sunflower oil
2 Cups of dry, white Rice (with 4 cups of water for cooking)
Put 2 cups of dry rice and 4 cups of water into a pot, add a pinch of salt, and cook at medium, boil for 4 minutes, turn off heat and cover, allowing the rice to finish (or you can use a rice cooker)
Place vegetables, spices, and oil in a skillet, stir fry on low heat until half way cooked,
Add Leftover chicken-turkey and stir fry with vegetable mix until vegetables are tender but not soggy
Put a scoop of rice on each plate-bowl and top with a portion of the stir fry mix. Delicous!!